ReStore Truck Driver & Intake Processor
Job Description: Perform truck pick-ups, deliveries, and acceptance of donations. Pick-ups and Intake Processing are scheduled Tuesday through Saturdays and. Additional days and times may be required.
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Contact donor(s) to verify times and locations for donation pick-up.
- Evaluate prospective donations for suitability and re-salability.
- Supervise and perform truck pick-ups of all items donated.
- Provide a donation receipt.
- Oversee loading and unloading of the trucks.
- Distribute door hangers to neighboring houses
- Maintain vehicle service log.
- Assure regular truck maintenance and repair. Report maintenance/repair needs to Manager for scheduling.
- Time permitting, contact donors to reschedule early pick-ups and reorganize the pick-up schedule.
Intake Processor Responsibilities
- Provide superior service to donors and customers by phone and in person.
- Help unload donations. Light to heavy lifting required.
- Accurately prepare donation receipts, ensuring that item descriptions are accurate and complete.
- Assist in preparing donations by cleaning and making minor repairs.
- Ensure all items are priced appropriately following the internal price guide and placed in the correct, well-organized department.
- Accurately identify each item’s department number and estimated value on the ReStore copy of the receipt.
- Enforce infection prevention policies and assist with the overall store and vehicle cleanliness to ensure a safe environment for volunteers, donors, shoppers, and staff.
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid Chauffeur Driver’s License and MDOT Physical.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic. Enjoys working with people with diverse backgrounds while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude—ability to handle and diffuse challenging situations with tact.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stay on feet for an extended time period.
- Committed to a safe, secure work environment.