Our ReStore will be open to the public beginning Thursday, June 4.
At the Habitat for Humanity Lenawee County ReStore, our priority is the health and safety of our customers, donors, volunteers, and staff. In response to COVID-19, our team will continue to adhere to the recommendations of the CDC, state and local authorities to ensure we are protecting our community while providing services.
Our Habitat ReStore has made the decision to re-open with precautions to protect our staff and community.
Beginning Thursday, June 4, 2020 Habitat ReStore will be open to the public Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm with limitations. We request that all shoppers and donors follow our Safety Precautions listed below, so that we can continue to serve our community, while keeping our customers and staff safe. Telephone purchases and curbside pick-up will be an option after the store opens to the public. Please watch our Facebook page and Facebook Rummage Sale sites for pictures of our inventory.
The ReStore requests your cooperation in maintaining a safe and healthy environment. If you visit the ReStore, please be aware of our safety protocols.
- We require wearing protective masks while in the store.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided at the entrance of the store when coming in.
- Do not enter if you are currently experiencing or have recently experienced flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Do not enter if you believe you may have been exposed to any virus in the past two weeks.
- Only 20 customers inside at a time.
- All customers must adhere to physical distancing of at least six feet.
- Please refrain from sitting on the furniture.
- All loading of purchased items and unloading of donations will be self-service. Please note that donations are accepted or declined at the discretion of the ReStore staff.
- Our restrooms are closed to the public.
- Any areas in the building not related to the Restore/ReStore items are off-limits to the public.
**We will be disinfecting shopping carts after each use and high touch items frequently**
*Items in poor condition cannot be accepted. Poor condition refers to signs of wear-and-tear including but not limited to: rips; tears; stains; discoloration; pet hair; rot or rust; and smells.
*Unless the item is vintage, antique, or serves a noticeable re-purposing function, it must be in working condition to be accepted.
*If assembly of the item is required, it must have all hardware and instructions necessary for assembly in order to be accepted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this crisis. We greatly appreciate the support we have received during this temporary closure.
We will be evaluating our procedures, business hours, and guidelines weekly and will make adjustments when/where necessary. Future updates will be posted.